8.12.2010

Things I Never Want to Forget Part 3

--Cailin's first little (slightly silly) pony:

--The way Janey has started using the words "actually" and "just kidding." As in "Act-she, my wan' wear this shirt, mom," and "Mom, my wan' wear this shirt... jus' kid-deen! my wan' wear this one!" Lately we've been going through a lot of clothing changes.

--Breanne proclaiming today "the bestest day ever!" after having swim lessons and pb & honey sandwiches, grapes, and a fruit-by-the-foot for lunch, knowing that she got to watch a new Care Bears movie after she finished.

--Janey telling me "My not your friend, mom!" after I told her "I think you're stinky, my friend."

--Cailin's latest favorite game, where I try to stand her up on my lap, and she either flat out refuses, or she stands long enough to catch my eye, drops her head (like she's acting shy), and sits down as fast as she can.

--Conversation with Breanne tonight: "Why'd you name me Breanne?" "Because I thought that should be your name. Do you like your name?" "Not really." "Oh, really? What do you think I should have named you?" "Maybe Scout or somethin'." "What? Where did you hear that name?" "From someone I never met before maybe. Maybe that be my name, maybe."

--How much Janey just LOVES to swim around, as long as I'm holding on to her a little bit.

--Breanne telling Cory about her favorite Labyrinth characters (Ludo and the little dog guy) while Janey starts singing "Dance, Magic Dance."

--Cailin's new bark/grunt of happiness, usually done with a funny face squint.

--Janey's curly fro:


--How much the girls love to dance together (and how Janey likes to hold both hands, or hug-dance, but Breanne insists on one hand on the hip, one in the hand).

--Endless giggles from all the girls, generally in response to each other.

Life is good, my friends. And like I explained to Janey today--yes, even if we're family, we can be friends.

3 comments:

gilian said...

I really had no idea how much we missed without sisters. So glad you get to enjoy that now.

BECKY said...

cutest cutest cutest!!!

and i love the skirt! you'll love great in it!

*Aliese* said...

I love the name Scout for a girl; totally reminds me of To Kill a Mockingbird. And your skirt turned out way cute. I may just have to copy.