9.10.2010

Bumpers!

I don't know how many of you have pacifier babies, but Cailin is definitely a pacifier child. As such, she is constantly throwing/spitting/knocking them behind her crib. I have to try to fit under her crib to fish them out of the back corner, and it's just been a pain. Since I had a bit of fabric leftover from the girls' quilts (just need to be put together, but my machine is seriously BEGGING for a service... weird sad noises and everything... ugh), I decided to try my hand at making a set of crib bumpers to help solve the pacifier problem. I'm pretty ecstatic about how they came out:




I finally finished them last night, and couldn't wait to put them up. I put Cailin in bed when she was almost asleep for a nap this afternoon, but her slightly open eye caught sight of the new bumpers, at which point her eyes flew open to examine her new surroundings. She hung out, awake, just talking to the colors, for about 20 minutes. And when I came back to get her out, she'd moved her head to the one opening in the corner so she could see out. Pretty darn cute.



Linking up to Amy's Sew and Tell. :)

17 comments:

Karen said...

Great job. We don't generally use bumpers here in Australia. My son would not take a pacifier (or a bottle). Great colours.

Shi said...

Those are some cute bumpers... I have some ideas of stuff to sew... I would like to learn how to work my machine do you think you could help me out? But watch out about the binki problem the bumpers don't solve the problem when she starts standing up and throwing the binki out of the crib... :P

Anna said...

For the machine have you tried oiling it? Mine was really noisy but oiling it fixed the issue.

Delilah said...

those bumpers are so cute and I feel your pain about the machine not running smooth. I love the flag t-shirts that your girls are wearing in your blog title.

Leslie said...

i love this...the bright colors are so fun

Nina... said...

Cute cute cute!

gilian said...

Adorable bumpers, but I really love the photo of Janey and her boots.

I knew those boots would be a hit.

QuiltyBee said...

Great project!

Michelle said...

Wonderful idea, and I can see how a little one would be so intrigued by the colors.

LegalJunior said...

lindo blog
to seguindo!!!

http://legaljunior.blogspot.com/

pinksuedeshoe said...

Ha! That is hilarious. They turned out great! I love the big squares in the rainbow colors, they really do look fantastic. Love it.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

What baby wouldn't like to look at those? Very cute!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Your bumpers turned out so well. Glad the little munchkin was so taken with them! How cute!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Those are adorable! Can I hire you to make cute things for me?????

Fernanda said...

They look awesome!!!! I need a new sewing project!

Haylee said...

Very well done. I hoped it solved your problem too.

BECKY said...

So. Dang. Cute!
And the dress is beautiful! GREAT job!