5.12.2012

Today



Today was a beautiful day. 


We spent a good 4 hours at the "duck park," where Cory's work held a company picnic. 



No one told us that it wouldn't actually start for 2 hours after the "start time," so we had plenty of time to throw rocks at the water, watch the ducks and geese and a few squirrels (we didn't bring any bread, thankfully, since there were signs everywhere telling us not to feed the ducks, as it ruins their migration patterns?), and play some really lousy badminton.  




Then when the party really got started, we got to eat yummy Indian food, and watch the kids play some crazy Indian games (did I mention we were literally the only non-Indian people there?). 



We won some baseball caps.  

Guess who still loves hats?


Janey was great at the drop the handkerchief game (basically duck, duck, goose but involving a handkerchief...?).  Cailin saw them playing, and informed me that she wanted to play duck, duck, goose--it looked enough like the same game, I guess.  


We all had a great time, and came home plenty dirty and tired.  When I took this last picture, all I could think was that all my ducks were in a row.  Sort of.  


Thanks, TCS, for the great day at the park.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

That's too fun. I absolutely love the top pictures by the pond.