3.22.2008

Last but not least...

I seem to be in a posting frenzy tonight, but it's just because things (seem to) have calmed down a bit around here, and I have a minute.

I wanted to take a sec to thank everyone for their help this past week--it has been really, really tough to watch Janey be so sick, and to keep Breanne in the house (mostly stuck in front of the tv, sadly) while I took care of her, but we made it through with some great help and comfort. To be more specific, I'd like to thank those who brought us meals (I tried to tell the compassionate service leader that we didn't need any, I was fine--I'm so glad she insisted they set them up anyway (all this before Janey was sick--pretty sure it was inspired)), our home teacher who came over at 10:00 at night (I didn't realize it was so late, and was so embarrassed when he left and I realized it was 10:30...) to give Janey a blessing, my wonderful pediatrician and his nurse, as well as the respiratory guy at the hospital, both for their abilities, and for their compassion for a very sick child (and their recognition of her as such), and our family and friends for their prayers and willingness to do whatever we needed.

More specifically in that last group I'd like to thank a few more people: Becca, my sister-in-law who let me borrow her ever-so-nice electric pump when Janey was so sick and not eating well, and who was also willing to help out in whatever way she could when I was sick this week; my dad, who called to make sure I was doing ok when I needed it most (and let me cry, while gently comforting me); my mom, who not only has provided comfort and tales of past illnesses in her own kids to give me hope, but who also has spent so much time worrying about us and trying to take care of us in whatever way she could, despite her own illness, and who constantly reassures me that I am doing well as a mom when I need it most; and my wonderful Cory, who stuck it out with me through this past difficult week, helping me out when I needed it, (which meant taking tests and completing/turning in assignments at crazy hours, and missing some classes or work hours so we could make it to appointments) and just generally taking care of me, as well as the girls when I thought I couldn't do any more. This has probably been one of the most difficult weeks of my life, but I made it through, thanks to all of you, with your help and thoughts and prayers. I appreciate and love you all.

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Wow, what a crazy week! I'm so glad things are looking up and hope they continue to get better. Love ya Jessie!

Lee and Marie said...

Hey Jessie! I'm glad to hear things are getting better! I'm so sorry you have had such a crazy week! Your little girls are absolutely beautiful :) Where are you living? Oh - this is Marie (Brewer) Belliston! I just so happened on your blog from Sophia's I think... anyways, its good to "see" you and see what is going on! You have such a cute little family! Have a great day and I hope things continue to get better and that your family continues to get out of the sickness spell ;) Love, Marie