12.21.2007

New Bad Dream

So this morning when I woke up, it was in the middle of an awful dream. I was in a college level (I think) English course with my 8th grade English teacher, and we were taking a timed reading comprehension test. Now, normally, I aced reading comprehension--those were always my best on the SAT's and stuff. To make it even easier, we were using these books either used by fourth graders, or four year olds--I can't remember. In this dream, however, everyone else in the class finished, while I was only 1/4 of the way through. I FAILED! After the test was over, I learned that I hadn't listened to all of Mrs. Hunter's instructions, and she had actually given us a way to look up the answers in a different book at the back of the book I was using... imagine my embarrassment. We went on to have a retest for myself and one other girl in the class, but still I couldn't find the answers--I could hardly read, and I just didn't understand what I was supposed to be doing.

It all felt strangely like a MacHeist I didn't understand.

Anyway, this is the stuff (sort of...) my nightmares are usually composed of--I graduated in English over 2 1/2 years ago, but I still dream about signing up for classes that I then forget to attend, and miss tests, or get lost in. And now add to that list fail tests that are way below the level of comprehension I should be at. Sometimes I joke that my husband is my worst nightmare, because he does fail classes or miss tests occasionally on accident... the idea of failing terrifies me, I guess. It's probably good that we ended up together so that he can help me break that fear down a little. Or something like that.

1 comment:

Janene said...

I have dreams like that too but usually they have to do with a math class.