2.08.2010

New Sisters

"I want to hold her, I want to hold her!"

"Ooh, she's so cute!"

"Ok, dad, I'm done."

"What is this?"

The girls have actually been really great with their new sister--Breanne tells people how cute she is all the time, which cracks me up. She's also pretty willing to help me by getting diapers, wipes, or burp cloths, and she doesn't complain too much about Cailin's crying. Janey, on the other hand, wants to be the super-helper--she is constantly bringing me blankets, outfits, and pacifiers, insisting that we use them immediately, and she's convinced that the burp cloths are blankets, which she likes to (sometimes rather forcefully) pat down on and around the baby. She genuinely means well, but she just doesn't quite know how to be soft with the baby. We're working on it, though. I'm just glad the girls both love their sister, even if they don't quite know how to show it yet.

2 comments:

Kelly Hannah K said...

this is incredibly cute!!! I can't wait to come home to these three adorable girls!

Geo said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.