7.01.2011

Circle Quilt

So remember how I made 28 circle skirts for those flower girl dresses? (Yes, 28. 3 skirt layers, each lined, to make 6 circle skirts per dress, except for Cailin's, which was only 2 layers, so 4 circles, which totaled equals 28 circle skirts cut.) Well, for every one of those 28 skirts, there was a circle I cut out of the center to allow for the waists of the girls wearing them.

Well.

I couldn't just let 28, approximately 3.25 inch radius, perfectly good circles go to waste... so of course, I made a small circle quilt for the bride and groom. It's just a throw blanket size, but I love how it turned out.


(the back, pretty basic, but I like it, too)

I know, I know, it looks really girly, but these were their wedding colors. I just added a couple more fabrics with the pink in them to balance out the yellow. (Yes, that's pink in there, it was just raining outside when I finally took these pictures, all of an hour before we gave the quilt to the couple.) Also, this was the first time I've ever had a project professionally quilted--I seriously love the loops--what do you think?


(As usual, I'm linking up to AmyLouWho's Sew and Tell... finally a quilting post to put up on her quilting blog!)

10 comments:

Amelia said...

So cute! Constantly impressed by your craftiness!

BECKY said...

LOVE it.

gilian said...

This may be my most overused word on your blog, but I think it's adorable. You amaze me.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Very creative use of those circles! And a useful remembrance of a special day:) Thanks for sharing!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

I LOVE it! the colors are so happy and cheerful. Where did you get it quilted?

*Aliese* said...

Oh my gosh, I love this!!! It looks amazing.

Carmen said...

wow...this is very cute...someday i'll venture out and make a quilt.

visiting from Sew Much Ado

carmen at
rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

KendasCrafts said...

love it!

Shanna said...

I love your circle quilt, so cute and bright colored!I discovered you on Sew and Tell Fridays via Amylouwho. So excited that I found this creative and fun linky! I am a crafter, hand sewer,embroiderer,cross-stitcher and I am just learning to use a sewing machine! I would love to connect with you and share fun projects. Please visit me and follow along! Thanks! Please visit me @ mommiesandbeyond dot com

Tobreth said...

Good sue of circles. I love quilting but have only ever done little baby quilts.