11.16.2008

Primary Anecdote

Just a quickie tonight, long Sundays make me tired.

During sharing time in primary last week, the teacher asked the kids what we were and weren't supposed to do according to the Word of Wisdom.  The usual answers, "don't drink!" "don't smoke!" "don't do drugs!" were shouted out, with appropriate responses from the teacher.

Then one sweet little *sunbeam said with much gusto, "We don't eat the sun!"

Without missing a beat, the teacher responded "That's right!  Not only would it probably hurt us, but it's much too far away."

Maybe you had to be there, but I was almost rolling on the floor laughing.  Kids say the funniest things.  I love my calling, but I wish I got to hear more of the lessons (and hilarious comments) rather than running around collecting rolls, knocking on doors, and getting and making lists.

*Sunbeams are 3-4 year olds, the youngest children in Primary, which is where the children are taught.  Just in case you aren't familiar with our primary system.

1 comment:

Katie Rogerson said...

That is SO funny! I'm excited for Breanne to be getting closer to being in primary. She already says some of the silliest things! I love it!