11.26.2008

Pumpkin Cheesecake

A few years back, Cory and I got into a cheesecake craze of sorts. We made homemade cheesecakes for pretty much every occasion we could come up with... including Thanksgiving in July, September, January... you name it, we did it, probably. We haven't made cheesecake in quite a while now, mostly because I realized a slight correlation between cheesecake eating and fatness of myself. However, when Cory's mom asked us what we wanted to bring, and mentioned they still needed desserts, we knew at once that a pumpkin cheesecake was in order. So we made it tonight, and it is baking as we speak. (Yes, at 11:36, we have a cheesecake in the oven. It's best made the night before, and we needed the girls to be in bed.) I'm pretty sure it's not legal for me to post the recipe, as it's out of the Lion House Desserts Cookbook, but if you want it, give me a call or drop me an email. I'll try to post pictures later or tomorrow, whenever I get a chance. Let me just say, though, it is delicious! and I am so excited for tomorrow! I will also be making a peach pie... one of my favorites, and I love the turkey and sides that Cory's family always prepares, so it will definitely be a great day of food, and good company.

My only regret is that there isn't really any good way to spend the holiday with all our family. I'd much rather that than this trading holidays thing, but I just can't take all the traveling, and neither can the girls. Holidays should be about quality time, not shoving in every possible visit, I think. So please understand that, even if we aren't visiting you tomorrow, that we love you, and will be thinking of how thankful we are for you, as well.

3 comments:

Anna said...

yeah, once we have kids we will probably have to start switching families. It's even harder with 3, yikes. With just two of us and all our stops within 15 minutes of eachother its doable.

Oh and and my pie will be coming out of the oven in a few minutes (12:40am-ish)

*Aliese* said...

Yeah...my sister and I were totally making pies at 12:20 AM too...Glad we weren't alone! And I would definitely LOVE that cheesecake recipe when you have a minute to e-mail it! My e-mail address is posted at the top of my blog.

Janene said...

I'd love the recipe. Pumpkin Cheesecake sounds delicious.

I hear ya about seeing everyone on the holidays. Last year we had two thanksgiving dinners and I didn't like that so much. The food was great but it was too much for one day.